Re: RC: Re: fighting horses

>>> I have found, in *most* instances, if you have a good
Alpha-B*tch running the show, you don't have too many other problems
regardless of the rest of the mix .... unless you might have the
misconception that you could be in charge of *her*.<<<<<

  I've got a great Queen B mare.  Scarlet is definately tops in my herd,
but I am still alpha over her.  That is so ingrained in her, there's no
questioning.  One time my nephew and I were out petting her and he got up
on her back.  Immediately one of the geldings came over and moved in
close for attention.  Other than putting her ears back, Scarlet didn't
move a muscle.  A few minutes later, my nephew slid off and we stepped
away.  The gelding instantly ran for the hills!  He knew it wasn't safe
anymore.   Just yesterday I had to rearrange my herd and put the two
pregos in a separate pen.  One of these is Scarlet.  When she left the
big pen, there has been a big upheaval as 4 mares and one gelding are all
arguing as to who gets to be top horse.  It's changed 3 times already.
Scarlet is the perfect alpha mare.  She is very confident in her position
and is rarely aggressive, while the other mares, if they are on top,
constantly charge everyone else to keep their position established.
  As to fighting horses, I usually either separate them or stick them in
the pen with Scarlet.   Aggressiveness ticks her off and no one wants to
be on her bad side.

Rae
Tall C Arabians.