Trailers what i have learned

First and foremost most of you can breathe a little easier knowing that we intend on getting a 2500 dodge diesel next year. We are selling the SUV (thank you thank you thank you!) However I intend on hauling my horses about 3times this year. Once to Huntsville and twice to trail rides. So the Dodge will not be over used and judging from the areas I am going to...Not Hilly!
Okay let me get this notion thru
The Sundowner Valuelite is on a steel frame not aluminum. My Question would be doesn't steel stand up to impact better than a aluminum? Coke Can effect? Maybe I am mislead here.
Also I lije the Drop Down Windows (winders) if you are in park Yeah I have seen many horses almost get the head ripped off. In fact if Haley saw someone eating a carrot I am afraid she would try to jump out and take it! Here is a errie thought.. I have seen frightened horses jump thru the smallest of spaces! So I am looking at finding one that has the bars across the windows or a screen. The idea of addding a fly mask is great I will add that to for EXTRA protection.
Also the only things that I have kept an close eye out for is the overall "ding" effect. What can my horses find to ding them selves up with. On the Sooner the door latches stuckout! a good tumble could scrape the right hip up pretty good. I looked another off brand ALUM and the Skins Rivets were exposed in the nose area..The guy said some caulk could help that..Okay board horses chew..YUM LOOK SOME GUMMY CAULK! I quickly left the lot while he replinished his Smoking habit.
I looked at how the rubber was attached to walls I looked undermats,mat thickness, I poked proded and poked some more. I found the one thing about Featherlite I didn't like It was loud. Very LOUD when you closed the tail gates it was very very loud. And the Butt Bar was a piece of Nylon Rope. No Rubber or anything. (quick fix tho) The sundowner was quiet.. I lost my husband...and we were talking!!
Sundowner automatically puts the spray in stuff in the bottoms. However if you do not acid wash they will void the five year warranty. Four star just said Acid wash it every now and then. I clean after each use. Hose and use a good dish detergent that will remove grease and it usually takes all the poop up. When I had a metal I waxed 2x per year! yep I take care of my stuff.  Now it just comes down to the decision I think I have decided to go with Four Star..hey give me five minutes tho!
Carla (Trailer down...time for better truck)
Ansata (what do you mean I can't poke my head out and make faces at passerbys?)
Haley (shh if she gets a winder screen we can chew thru!)
Rob (What do you mean Truck??? next tax check!)