Re: fighting horses

----- Original Message -----
From: <Howard4567@aol.com>

> My three horses are inseparable.  They act as one and if you saw them out
in
> the field together, you wouldn't believe how they move and react off of
each
> other.  Dance Line and the mare are so bonded it's sometimes a problem for
me
> when I try to load Dance in the trailer, with him knowing the mare's not
> coming.

Hi Howard,

I understand what you are saying, but this is exactly why I move mine around
in different combinations, and make efforts to make them tie and go out
alone.....so they DON't get so bonded they flip out and lose their tiny
brains if their buddy has to leave.

I am one of those also who feels it's better not to mix gender....I have all
mares (6), and will probably stay with all mares, despite all the nice
geldings out there.  I would either have all one or the other, but not mix
them.  I DO believe in putting all ages together; my baby was out with the
herd by age 6 months.  I had "bonded" her to an older mare, who sort of
looked out for her, but she soon found an friendship with another
youngster.  However, the older mares "bossing" her around are ESSENTIAL!!
They keep her from getting too full or herself!

Karen