Re: Re: "time" to ride

Hi Louise -

For me, working third shift works best for riding (although for everything
else, it's terrible!). I also have a 50 min. commute each way from home,
plus my horses are another 20 miles from my house, so that is 96 miles per
day. I'm working usually ten hour days, sometimes twelve, and every
Saturday, with an occasional Sunday. Not too bad, considering I work for a
tier one auto supplier (with all the layoffs and cutbacks in this industry,
I'm thankful for the OT, and dislike to turn it down - I have to buy a house
in a couple years!). Every few weeks, I do sign off the OT for a week or so,
because it does get to be too much. I normally go right to the farm after
work, the kids have been fed, so I can ride right away. Obviously, I can't
do too much during the week, so my longer rides are normally only one day a
week. For summer riding, it's great, because I'm pretty much done by the
time it gets too hot out. In the winter, my saddle and pads, and bridles
stay in the car, and y the time I get to the barn, they have warmed up a
little. I ride one and pony another.

Cheryl in WNY
Horse kids Kit, Bobby & Dani