Re: RC: Re: Complete Feed Recommendations

In a message dated 3/14/01 7:54:16 PM, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

>I'm assuming that you'll have some way of carrying feed with you on/in
>something other than the horse's back.

Yes, we'll have a support vehicle following our progress.  However, we won't
always be in contact with it so will carry horse feed on our pack animals.
We worry about grazing in some places so that's why we want to have proper
feed that will take care of our equines when grazing isn't a possibility.
Transporting hay for 6 to 8 equines is out of the question.

>I happen to like Complete Advatage, I think it's a good feed.  But I
>wouldn't feed it without some other source of long stem fiber---hay or
grazing
>of some sort.

Is there a feed you would recommend for those times we can't give hay?
Thanks.  Eva