Re: RC: gophers

In a message dated 03/15/2001 8:59:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scottj@cyberlynk.com writes:
Hi, Dede.

Depends on how big your pasture is.  I've got ground squirrels here and my
method worked on my 5 acres, and now the cats keep them from coming back.
Try shoving regular road flares down the tunnels, or use the hose.  You have
to do it several times before they get discouraged and move on to greener
pastures.  I don't like poisons or traps either, but the cats catching them
just seem to be more "natural".  Less guilt for me, I guess.  I'm actually
more concerned about myself than the horses.  Broke my ankle by running full
tilt and stepping in a gopher hole.  : (  Good luck.

Abigail Madden
Oscar, Jasper, & Georgia<<<Head squirrel catchers
Jack<<<Why should I work for my supper, when she puts it in a bowl??
<< Well, this affects my endurance horse indirectly- does any one have any
 remedies for getting rid of the gophers in the pasture, aside from poison?
 They are really out of control.  We have both dogs and cats that help a bit,
 but not nearly enough.  Help!!

 Dede
 Central cA  >>