Re: gophers

I wish my cats could keep up with them – but unfortunately, the coyotes are keeping up with the cats instead.

Gophers are basically outdoor rats... we take water and flood our ratholes and leave a pile of Rat Terriers hanging about. As they run out the dogs grab, snap and toss. Any that don't come out drown. This works even better if you can block some of the entrances so they have to come out in certain areas. Know anyone with a good pack of terriers in the neighbourhood. Is it possible to flood the holes? There's actually something of a science to vermin control with reasonable methods like dogs. I've been spending the last 3 years working on it here, and the rats we deal with are the big nasty brown ones that weigh in at a good pound each.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net
www.ratbusters.net