Re: RC: Re: Foot and Mouth case in Dubai

My wife's dressage instructor had bought a new horse in Spain. It has
finished quarantine. She spent the whole day on the phone trying to
determine if they could get the horse out. The only way is as follows. The
van would have to be completely disinfected - put up on a rack and even the
underside disinfected, the horse put in the van and the van sealed with a
seal so it could be determined if it had been opened.  Then it would have to
be driven non stop to Amsterdam to be put in a disinfected and similarly
sealed crate for shipping. The crate would then be sprayed to be disinfected
in the US before it could be opened. Of course this would all require
government paperwork in all countries it passed through.

Her brother is a cattle rancher and keeps tells her to forget the horse and
leave it over in the Spain or at least keep it away from his cows.

So the impact of F&M is coming home right here in backwoods FL.

So I am sure if this doesn't get any better and this  is how one has to get
a horse out of Spain now which has finished it's quarantine, getting horses
out that just galloped 100 miles cross country will not be all that easy.