Re: RC: Entries - Note to Ride Managers

In a message dated 03/12/2001 2:13:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
IRMurphy@AOL.COM writes:

<< Do ride managers receive calls from all of those who would like to receive
entry forms and directions to their rides?  Doesn't AERC provide a mailing
list of members in your region? (or nearby regions when applicable)?
 I have been a member of AERC for 3 years but each time I am interested in a
race I have to call the ride manager and request an entry or send an email.
This applies even to races that I have attended the previous year.
 Any comments anyone?  Is it expected that those that are interested in the
race will call for entries and directions?

The answer is YES, to both first and last questions in your post.  A ride
manager could buy a list of all members in his region (in the form of mailing
labels), but it is expensive for the labels and postage to send an entry to
all the members on the list.  Some ride managers send courtesy entries to the
previous year's riders, but not all.  You should expect to call the ride
manager of a ride in which you are interested.  Ride managers would rather
spend their budget on awards rather than postage.

Barbara
Ride manager, Swanton Pacific 75 & 100