From: navion
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 9:35 PM
To: Roxi Anderson
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: Strangles(long, sorry)

> other rides.  Strangles can still be passed on by what
> seems to be a perfectly healthy horse up to 20-30 days
> after they are well.  Please be responsible and keep
> these horses that have had strangles away from rides
> until they are no longer contagious.

   I have a quesion, the horses at 20 MT that have not appeared to get sick,
as in the 6 horses from Bakersfield that all did the 100, could they carry
or shed the germ even though they appeared never to get strangles? None have
had snotty noses or off feed or any sign we have noticed. It has been 3.2
weeks since 20 MT.

thanks to whoever knows this answer
Jim Mitchell