Re: RC: are your critters really that unhealthy?

I've owned two dogs which had problems, which we finally helped control by going to special diets. One would break out and scratch open sores. There were probably a lot of reasons but he was very sensitive to the food you gave him. We tried several different feeds and finally found one that minimized the frequency and severity of the problems.

We had a dog later one that did have skin problems and what he was eating would determine how bad they were. We again experimented and found a food when supplemented with such things as eggs and animal fat would pretty much control it. Both these dogs were very healthy otherwise and both lived to a ripe old age of 15. The only time they had bad breath was when they were out and found a delicacy to eat, like three day old road kill.

In the second case we did have blood work done several times while he was on different feeds and it in on several occasions the liver enzymes were out of whack. These two dogs don't make a rule and I am sure just as different people have different sensitivity so additives in, even the food itself or even pollen and pollutants in the air, so do animals.

Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.
Innovative Solutions