Re: Animal by-products in feed

>you live that long, you are bound to get something. Thank goodness we have
>preservatives-hardly anyone dies of food poisoning these days. I work in

Yup, although the CDC recently released a report listing the most common
sources of campylobacter and E. coli -caused food poisoning these days.
Anybody wanna guess?  Salad bars and organic apple juice.<g>

head behind his ear. The "doctor" said the cancer was growing out of his
body and would fall off with herbs, then the boy would be well. He came back
to us at the hospital but by then it was too late. ?Homeopathy has its
place, but it will

We see the same thing in the vet hospital at CSU.  A few months ago, a horse
came into the hospital in incredible pain, colicking big time and couldn't
be managed medically, only surgically.  The owner said the horse had been
acting colicky for the past two weeks and some homeopathic guru had sold her
an infusion of dandelions guarenteed to 'cure' any form of colic (never mind
that there are about a billion causes of colic and that colic is a symptom,
not a disease).  So we took the horse into surgery and most of the large
bowel was necrotic and dead from what had started probably as gas or
impaction and had eventually turned into a torsion.  Guess the dandelion tea
didn't work all that great, and yup, you better believe the horse could have
been saved two weeks earlier by western medicine/surgery.  As it was, we put
him down on the table.

Susan G