Animal by-products in feed

tiffany  tiffshorse@mindspring.com
I had to weigh in on this. The reason you see those diseases in humans these days? We live about twice as long now as back in the old days, mainly due to western medicine, immunizations, preservatives, yep, all that "evil" stuff. When you live that long, you are bound to get something. Thank goodness we have preservatives-hardly anyone dies of food poisoning these days. I work in Oncology and have done so for years. When I worked at CHLA, we had lots of moms who would withdraw their kids from chemo and take them for homeopathic treatment. The last one I remember had a growth as big as his head behind his ear. The "doctor" said the cancer was growing out of his body and would fall off with herbs, then the boy would be well. He came back to us at the hospital but by then it was too late. ?Homeopathy has its place, but it will never take the place of Western Meds. I guess I will rest easy with my endurance mares eating Strategy/Equus, they thrive on it, and I won't give the safety of it a second thought.
Bravo Susan for exposing further "organic" myths and scare tactics.
Tiffany-who still can't post under my regular ridecamp account.