Convention Regional Awards

As the presenter of the regional awards at the convention this year and last,
I want to thank everyone who attended the regional awards ceremony at the
convention and/or  offered comments about them, both positive and negative.

The AERC Board discussed the awards on Sunday after the regional ceremony.
Dean Jackson, the chairman of the Awards Committee, recommended that we use
jackets from this point forward for the regional awards and the Board seemed
happy with that suggestion.  Since we will be using jackets in the future,  I
don't see much point in discussing this issue further.  Personally, I did
like the throws and am a little saddened I didn't have a chance to get one
this year due to my own injury.

We will also try to shorten the presentation next year to two hours instead
of three.  I can cut some of the banter and we can call the horse mileage
awards in a separate ceremony.  We will also try to mix up the order of the
regions so that no regional group feels it is being picked on by going last.

We will also try to make things more interesting with a  a visual element by
using a Powerpoint or slide presentation showing select ride photos from each
region.  We tried to organize something like this this year but didn't have
enough slides.  We'll start collecting them now for next year.

I think the regional awards are important and enjoy participating in their
presentation.  Jan Stevens, her daughter Heather, Rho from the office, and
others did a great job in helping.

John Parke
Solvang CA
PSW Regional Director