FW: Convention Regional Awards

Subject: FW: Convention Regional Awards

efforts to put on a convention, a ride or any other AERC event.  Without you
none of these things would exist.
Kath

-----Original Message-----
From: CLRidnhigh@aol.com [mailto:CLRidnhigh@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 9:39 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Convention Regional Awards

Well we went to the convention to go get our awards and the awards really
sucked! We got a thow rug with our placements on them embroidered on the
bottom where you can barley see it ( three of them, they all look the same
too whoo hoo!). We were very saddened and very disapointed. My son
especially, what does a 11 yr old boy want with a little blanket. We wanted
Jackets, like they have been giving out for the last 30 years that you can
show off at the rides. The convention in general wasn't so great either,
they
didn't have very good topics for the seminars, most topics were old news. No
training topics, nothing like Linda Tellington Jones. They had a
dimonstration on conformation but... the guy giving the dimonstration has
never dealt with endurance horses duh, track horses I was not impressed. The
only simanar I liked at the convention was Susan Garlinghouses Nutrition
simanar. She did a wonderfull job! We donated her some produts to fund  her
reseaarch and it was well worth it! There wasn't even close to as many
people
as last year. Some people at the awards didn't bother walking up to the
podium to get there blanket they were so insulted in the award! The blanket
is somthing maybe you would get for a single ride award. Not for all year
long for riding almost 1000 miles. It's value if you were to go buy it is
about $30.00 - $15.00 at cost. The AERC is getting Cheaper! Go figure, they
doubled their membership this year and got cheaper on the awards? So we are
going to buy (yes, spend some more money) are own Jackets! As many others
are!

Trail-Rite Training Center