Re: New horse & Abetta Saddles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolyn Burgess" <carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com>

> I'll tell you my experience with synthetic saddles, not Abetta's
> specifically but a similar priced, well-made synthetic western saddle.
> While they are extremely light weight, the version that I had the tree
would
> flex and it put pressure on my horses withers

I have seen two Big Horn endurance saddles and not impressed with either.

The first one had NAILS protruding through the underside of the fleece
(brand new saddle, not one used and broken down)

The second seemed to fit, but made white patches on the either side of the
withers.

On both, the stirrups were much too far forward for any kind of decent
balance (for any discipline).

Final test, sat in one and tried to do a short ride-awful!!  Seat hard as a
rock, and very unbalanced.  There are MUCH better
designed saddles out there!

Karen