From: <guest@endurance.net>
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 6:16 PM
Subject: RC: How to keep riding after the baby

> Laurie Hilyard PFmorabs@toast.net
> Darned if I can figure out how to post a message while receiving Ridecamp
via digest, so I'll just use the guest posting.  I'm not particularly
worried about hurting my horse with endurance - I usually ride limited
distance and I find endurance more flexible in rating the horse to
conditions than CTR.  After all, I can take 6 hours to do 25 miles if I
want, and I can walk 20 of it if I feel like it.  Actually, my problem is
that after having my son 20 months ago, I've had a heck of a time finding
the time to condition.  I have volunteers for child care during the ride,
but I can't convince spouse, parents, or most importantly, baby, that I need
6 hours a week to ride.  Since I work full time, the baby especially really
doesn't want to see me leave on the weekend.  How did other working parents
solve this, or at least deal with the guilt?  How old does he have to be
before he goes with me?  Thanks!