AHSA is tough!

As we get more into FEI rides and consider the options of having either
AHSA or USET as our NGB or National Federation for FEI, I thought I
would bring to your attention some of what that currently means: This
could be considered "good" or "bad" dependent upon your perspective.....

    AHSA recently suspended and fined Pamel Lifton and her husband from
any AHSA or FEI competitions because "they acted in a manner deemed
improper, unsportsmanlike, intemperate, and prejudicial to the best
interests of the Association, in that she had ridden her horse in a
threatening manner causing physical contact with another person and in
that he had used profanity and loud, harassing language in connection
with the incident. For their violation of the rules.... it was found
them to be suspended from attending, participating or as an exibitor at
events for 30 days and she be fined $2,500 and he be fined $1,000." BTW
this was a dressage event..

Hey, our AERC hits for violations are a dream!

I don't know if USET would be any different in terms of fees, fines or
structure, but I DO KNOW that I would sure like to see AHSA change in
their fees and structures to us for: passports, off continent waivers,
FEI ride sanctioning, drug fees (in addition to AERC's), horse
registration in duplication of AERC's, and other items.

Steve shaw