How to keep riding after the baby

Laurie Hilyard PFmorabs@toast.net
Darned if I can figure out how to post a message while receiving Ridecamp via digest, so I'll just use the guest posting.  I'm not particularly worried about hurting my horse with endurance - I usually ride limited distance and I find endurance more flexible in rating the horse to conditions than CTR.  After all, I can take 6 hours to do 25 miles if I want, and I can walk 20 of it if I feel like it.  Actually, my problem is that after having my son 20 months ago, I've had a heck of a time finding the time to condition.  I have volunteers for child care during the ride, but I can't convince spouse, parents, or most importantly, baby, that I need 6 hours a week to ride.  Since I work full time, the baby especially really doesn't want to see me leave on the weekend.  How did other working parents solve this, or at least deal with the guilt?  How old does he have to be before he goes with me?  Thanks!
Laurie Hilyard  (PFmorabs@toast.net)
& Revvy (but I like being a pasture ornament)