Re: club rotation vs. laminitis rotation

Oops, I sent this to the person instead of to the list. Here it is
again.

Hi. My name is Cilla Rogers. I'm fairly new to ride camp and am a fellow
vet student with Susan Garlinghouse at CSU. I looked this up in my Large
Animal Internal Medicine book and it says "Chronic and/or recurrent
laminitis is seen with moderate frequency in horses with Cushing's
disease. Sole abscesses are a major problem in horses and are the most
common cause of euthanasia. Cushing's disease should be suspected and
included in the differentials of any horse 15 years of age or older that
founders repeatedly for no obvious reason or has chronic problems with
sole abscesses, even if hair coat changes or other signs are not
present."

I'm sure Susan will have more to say on the subject. Right Susan?

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Cilla

--
Go placidly amid the noise and haste....

Cilla Rogers
cilla@lamar.colostate