Re: RC: Re: boots for wide feet

Mary Sutliff wrote:

> Have you tried men's boots?  I have a wide foot and as a rule of thumb I
> can go down a size in a mans boot and and the regular fits.  For years I
> did a lot of hiking, backpacking and climbing and a man's boot worked
> well for those activities also.  Lately I've been wearing Blundestone
> boots for riding and I love them.  For winter riding I buy a half size
> bigger, wear thicker wool socks and sometimes use toe warmers.

I also like my Blunnies - but they weren't exactly the right shape for
my foot.  I wore them long enough to break them in but not long enough
to really wear them.  They held up well - a women's size 9 or 10, and
they're for sale if anyone wants to contact me privately!!

Now I'm wearing the Mountain Horse Rimfrost Paddock boot that I got for
xmas.  They're very warm and comfortable and I wear them every day to
work but haven't ridden in them. Time will tell how they hold up.

-Abby B

--
* * *
Abby Bloxsom