Helvetia Shoes-Vet advice Needed

I have to do most of my training on asphalt roads and hate the amount of
concussion I'm exposing Fly to. We also ride old railroad beds.

I've got borium-steel rims w/shocktamer pads on him right now, but was
wondering is this the best I can do for his legs right now.

What about just using easy boots. I also saw a neat urethane shoe with a
heelbar in KVVet recently at $16/pair that should cut the concussion.
We're preparing for our first 50 and we're doing allot of mileage.
Please advise.

Thanks all!:)