Ulti-pads

Barb,

Never have actually used them, but a local tack shop carried them, until
people started bringing them back.  Seems the horses were getting rubbed by
the edges, which are pretty rough.  Most of the people around here ride QH
and Paints, so I imagine a thinned skinned Arab would have a terrible time.
They carried the cinces too, and I guess they were a disaster!  Galled
everybodies horses.

I bought a similar pad that I love.  It's made by Tacky Tack, and it's about
5/8 inch thick (though they say its an inch.)  The edges are bound, and its
a really soft textured, woven neoprene type stuff.  Has holes all through it
and has great circulation.  What I like best about it, (and why I prefer it
over wool) is NOTHING sticks to it.
Where we ride  there are lots of trees and brush.  It's a drag to pick crap
out of your saddle pad all the time.  My mare has extremely sensitive skin,
and I've had no problems with the pad so far.  Been using it all winter.

I got it from Jeffers which has had the best price by far, $34.95.  Bought
one for my son's horse too, but have only used it once so far......

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony,
Mark and Decker the Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington