Camper/trailer

JMaynard jolmayna@whitepine.k12.nv.us
I have pulled a bumper pull either three or four horse with a large Lance camper (10.6) for about 200 thousand miles or more.

Lance has a good tie down system and we have never had any trouble.  My husband bought an extended hitch (Lance will recommed it), with sway bars.  My husband slides the extended hitch into a special receiver that he installed and then we hook up the trailer and connect the sway bars.  Once the hitch is in place my daughter and I can easily hitch and unhitch the trailer in just minutes (two people are much easier).  My camper also has a special window in the door that allows me to see the trailer and helps hook it up.  If you contact the Lance web site they will answer many of your questions and also tell where you can get the extended hitch and sway bars.  I do not ever have swaying problems but I do have to be careful of sharp dips because the hitch will drag, just go at an angle.

I also have owned two Trails West trailers and like them very much.  I think they are well made and the people are easy to deal with.