Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #334

In a message dated 02/28/2000 11:06:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net writes:

<<
 <<  Why are Arabs so different from other horses?   What kind of
  attitude do I need with her?  Sorry to sound so needy.  Guess I'm just
  feeling a little disappointed at this time. >> >>

Golly, maybe I read this one wrong. I've already deleted the post it was in,
but from what the writer wrote, I wondered if the only problem was the mare
was with a bunch of strangers and wanted to socialize. She didn't sound mean,
just...antsy meeting new horses in a new situation with a fairly new mom. Did
I read it wrong?

I think Heidi is on the right track. A good book to use is "Lyons on Horses".
YOu don't need a round pen for everything he teaches, and he has a lot of
good stuff to teach.
It's not an "Arab" thing. It's a "horse" thing. Jordan is my first Arabian,
and I'm telling you, I'm never going back to "those other breeds."
Affectionate, intelligent, personable and sweet natured.......that's what I
have come to expect from an Arabian.
Michelle
Jordan (aw shucks, mom, just for that I'm going to roll my clean white hide
in that mud puddle over there......)
MBlanchrd@aol.com