Re: RC: shocked

In a message dated 2/27/00 8:24:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
horses_r_us@juno.com writes:

<<  Why are Arabs so different from other horses?   What kind of
 attitude do I need with her?  Sorry to sound so needy.  Guess I'm just
 feeling a little disappointed at this time. >>

Arabs often have more energy than some other breeds, but what you are
encountering is not an "Arab" trait per se as much as it is a "people"
problem from not having started her propery.  I see young QH barrel horses
doing the same thing, for instance...  The problem comes when people don't
teach a horse to be a safe saddle horse FIRST and then go on into some sort
of competition, but instead just focus on just one sort of activity (be it a
sprint around the barrels or going fast over a long distance) without
teaching a horse the basics.

Your horse needs to go right back to Square One and learn to be a safe saddle
horse from the ground up.  You may need the help of a good trainer to do this
if you don't have a lot of experience in starting green horses.

Heidi