Rails to Trails

We have a converted rail trail close by our house and its absolutely
wonderful for conditioning.  There was a users group meeting last year
with the county.  The county has extra money and wanted to pave the
trail.  Not a single user group was in favor of this but the county has
money to spend, so it will be done anyhow.  And the best news, their
paving machine is 12 feet wide so the entire trail will be paved over
with no footing left on either side for horses.
Barb
PNW