Re: Re: CRI

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tivers@aol.com>
To: <DVeritas@aol.com>
Cc: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 11:26 AM
Subject: RC: Re: CRI

> In a message dated 2/20/00 10:41:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, DVeritas
writes:

> <<  That Not being the case, it is incumbent upon the rider to ensure that
if
> they cannot be an "asset" to the horse's attempt, then they should
endeavor
> to minimize being a "liability" if at all possible.
>      The discourse before us lends me to believe that there are those
trying
> to do just that.  The "tools" available to you seem many and your "desire"
> share them with us (speaking for myself, of course) is appreciated.
>      Information is important...but what we do with it seems even more
> important.
>
>   Frank.
>   >>

> Can't agree more. So far, I'm far more impressed with the riders I've
> encountered on Ridecamp than I am with the "professionals" who want to
govern
> the actions of the riders. It's a sport, and "stuff happens" in a sport,
but
> when the stuff  happens, it is the rider who has the vested interest in
the
> animal, not the vet.
                                  ****
Unfortunately, Tom, there are more than a few riders out there who do not
have the vested interest in the animal when it gets in the way of a "win".
There are many more who have the vested interest but not the knowledge and
rely on the vets to help them through the learning curve. The "morality
police" whom you denegrate are certainly not there for the money or the
power or fame.....there's none of that available in the pot. They are there
because they love the sport and the horses and I for one will trust their
judgement for though they may err occassionally, I would rather err on the
side of protecting my horse any day of the week. Most of us are in it for
the long haul.
Pat

In this day of the government "protecting us from