Re: RC: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 10:36:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL
writes:

<< Then dispute my facts, sir. >

Well, first you have to present some facts. Then, we can wrestle with what
they mean.

> The fact that I didn't memorize the reference does not make it
non-existent.  Colleagues in academia are wonderful for looking those things
up when they are needed.>

Well, let's enlist their aid. Who are these collegues?

>  Not a one of us stands alone in this world.>

Each of us is alone. It's the human condition.

>  You chastise the science people for a lack of "practical experience" and
you chastise those of us who have spent our lives in the field because we do
not keep the references at our fingertips once we have made use of the facts
that they contain.  In fact, field people and researchers actually DO
communicate with each other, and make use of each other's particular
expertise.  >

I never mentioned references until you did. I simply questioned your
interpretation of the few facts that you claimed to have at your fingertips
from Vet School 101 of 20 years ago, in your demeaning remarks to me. That
would put your reference back into 1980--when equine exercise science was in
its fetal stage. My guess is that new knowledge has been brought forward
since then. Maybe not. Be interesting to find out, though, eh?

> Sorry if I went back to the non-substantive level that you seem to enjoy so
much--will go back to picking the occasional pearl out of the muck.>

Methinks you mistake substance for shallow pontification. Me also thinks that
your taste in jewelry may be wanting.

 Heidi >>

ti