Re: RC: Re: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 10:47:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers writes:

<< Hmm, that sounds as if you are talking about CO relative to HR, not a drop
in absolute CO. If you will reference the paper, I'll look it up. If you
don't have the reference, then maybe an estimate of the decade in which it
was published? And the country of origin?   >>

Roughly 1980, Tom.  And no, it was an absolute drop in CO due to the
inability of the heart to refill completely between strokes.  The SV starts
to drop pretty severely as the HR climbs past a certain point, and when you
get to the point of fibrillation the SV drops to zero so the CO does, too.
Since I read the actual paper in English, I'd stick to English-speaking
countries of origin.  And since the data was collected from multiple species,
I have a feeling it was in a cardiology publication rather than one that
stuck primarily to equine research, but maybe not.

Heidi