Re: RC: to polish or not to polish...

>...that is the question, brass that is. Do you guys polish all this brass on
>endurance tack or go with the down and dirty look?
>
>                                Shelly

Most of the brass is on my biothane tack and I wash that in the dishwasher.
Dishwashing detergent actually does a pretty good job of getting the oxide
off brass and cleaning it up.  So I  clean to a modest shine, but don't
polish (I have plenty of German silver on show tack to deal with,  if the
urge to polish something gets overwhelming <g>).

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky