working temperature

Tom - do you have any experience with monitoring temperatures
of horses that are working hard, running fast? I recently purchased
a temp gauge from Roger (sensor under the saddle pad) and am starting
to get some fairly consistent readings and patterns, but I'm not
sure what the norms are - what the safe extreme is, etc.

Roger - do you have any charts from your experience with the
temperature gauge?

Anybody else out there using one of these? Especially hard workouts
in hot weather??

I would suspect there was some pretty good research done before
the Atlanta Oympics. If anybody can point me in the right direction
to access the research, I'd appreciate it.

Steph