Tieing up

OK, now we've got on to talking about tieing up, perhaps you guys could give me some input on this one.  I'll try and keep it as brief as possible.

Subject:
10 yr purebread arabian mare on loan (since Mar 99) to do endurance.  Prior to endurance shown in-hand and under saddle and had one foal age 4 yrs.
Not a big mare but quite heavily muscled, more so since starting endurance training.  Strong character but not mareish.  Cycles like clock-work and shows readily when in- season.  Back more sensitive when in-season but no evidence of serious discomfort.
1st season 1999.
"Stop-start" season with little achieved.  Started work April (legging up), stopped mid-May due to very minor soft tissue inflammation (right fore).  No lameness and you had to look very hard to see the problem.  No treatment other than rest.  Repetition of the same problem mid-June.  Antalgic (Algivet) locally plus rest.
Back to work July.  Legging up plus in August a one-day "randonee" (trek??) of approx 7hrs at walk.  Two quite large patches of white hair appeared after this trek.  Bad management on my part, wrong rider (too heavy) for the horse.  No real evidence since then of back discomfort and much of the white hair is gone.
Oh, by the way, this mare is "cinchy" but has been from the word go.
OK, where are we?  Oh yes.  No problems from this point on.  Training continued OK.  First 40kms ride mid-Oct done at around 13.5-14kmh.  Good recoveries.  No leg problems the day after.  Second 40kms ride end-Oct.  15kmh flat course, great recoveries (32pbm at final vetting).  No problems the next day.
2nd season 2000