Heart Monitors

JMaynard, NV jolmayna@whitepine.k12.nv.us
I plan on purchasing a Heart Rate Monitor at the AERC convention.  I read that most endurance riders, at least many, think it is important to use one but I also read many reports about how hard they are to keep working.  Those of you that use them, which one would you recommend and why?  I want to learn as much as possible before I get to the convention because I like to be an informed buyer and at the convention I can compare the different models.

Thanks