Re: cows and endurance horses

Nelson wants to do some team penning with our horses this year....I don't
know where he thinks we will have time!  One of the best local team penning
horses is an Arab... that little bugger can turn on a dime and isn't afraid
of those steers.   I just wish the owner would take some time to learn how
to cool the poor thing and give him a rest by getting off of him once in a
while...he runs him over and over again!  I guess he thinks he looks cool
sitting up there with his leg thrown over the saddle horn and a cigarette
hanging out of the side of his mouth.  I don't know if I could "lurk"
around a bunch of team penners without getting myself into trouble.  And
before I get jumped on for that, I want to say that I know all team penners
aren't like that and we HAVE volunteered our time and knowledge at some of
the events helping people cool their horses and bringing out buckets of
water for horses to drink.  It does look like it could be fun though and I
think it would be beneficial for the horses to have some other occupations
to keep them sharp.  Might be interesting to attach a HRM on these horses
and see if we can get that heartrate up.... new twist to interval training?
<VBG>

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.