older campaigners

I'm interested in hearing from some of you that are riding more mature
horses in rides, like 14 or 15 years and up....

Are any of out there riding guys that are in their teens in 50s or 100s?
Is there an age where you had to slow down some gradually over time
(aside from an injury) or do you find they just keep going until
arthritis or some other age/impact related problem retires them?

I ask because the thing I've noticed as I get Tony (coming 15 this
spring) out of the pasture for another ride season is that he's not one
bit slower than he was when he was 8 years old. At the rate he's going,
I could see him doing 50 milers for the next 3 or 4 years at least
barring an injury of course.

Any observations, theories, stories or comments?

Tina
tina@liveonthenet.com