Re: Why different helmets for different sports?/ Ice skater injured

Subject: RC: Why different helmets for different sports? Ice skater injured.

I saw the skater on t.v. also.  The commentator mentioned that a new rule is
being discussed now, re skaters being required to  wear helmets during
practice.  Especially skaters that are performing jumps and/or lifts.  I
thought that this was rather interesting.   Makes sense to me.  I wear my
helmet every time I get on a horse (or mule or donkey or pony....)  I have
been knocked unconscious 5 times that I can remember, during my lifetime by
horse related accidents.  Once was during broomstick polo when an opponent
clobbered me in the head.  It still counts as a head injury tho.  I have
been extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured and am thankful for
it.   gesa n clovis n skye (EH in training)