Re: Why different helmets for different sports?

Troxel has info about this on their site.  Equestrian helmets are made to
withstand different types of trauma than bike helmets.  For example:

- taking a blow from a hoof to the head
- falls from higher up
- falls where you are more likely to land on the back of your head

Of all my mountain bike wrecks (and there have been many) - I usually
flipped over the handlebars or went over sideways.  From the horse, it's
usually a downward plummet, and I've landed on my head or shoulders.