Re: RC: Re: dressage riders

Yes Helga,
    I believe "any" horse can benefit from proper Dressage training, as could
"any" rider, if a "rider" they be.
    As far as demanding, I'd much rather ride a multi-day or a hundred than
ride test after test, on mount after mount.
    Fillis, Mairinger, Oliveira and, yes, even (as far back as) Xenophon
recognized the extreme physicological benefits to this type of training.  I
own a U.S. Cavalry Manual on Horsemanship and Horsemastership which basically
starts all their horses in "that" type of training, THEN they go off down the
trail and do their "Cavalry-thing".
    THEN, go ride them on a Ghazu, endurance or whatever. ;^).
     And, "NO", I don't want to resurrect the "Dressage or Endurance" Thread,
thank you. (G)

Frank.