Re: RC: Kicked out of a show

Denise,

DId you show them your health certificate and coggins when you rode onto
the grounds?  Were you willing to pay the grounds fees that the
exhibiters customarily pay?  Had you signed their release of liability
for being on the grounds?

Sounds like they were rude, but it isn't not unexpected.  In Virginia,
we had state inspectors drop in to do a surprise check to see that the
requirements for Coggins were strictly enforced.  If not, BIG FINES!  We
once ran a ride were an unknown group came with horses who didn't matych
the Coggins.  When Mike turned them away, they showed their state ID and
thanked us.

Perhaps they were protecting their exhibitors and their liability.

Linda