Re: rider shoes

Hi y'all

What kind of shoes have you had success with for yourselves?   I like the
running shoes for when I'm off my horse, but they have big lugs on the bottom
which seem to have the tendency to hang up on the edge of the stirrup -
perhaps long enough to twist a knee in a fall?   The "riding" shoes, which
are relatively slick soled don't seem too great for scrambling up and down
hills in..........   I tried a pair of "horseshoes"  (I think they are
Millers) which were a good combo but wore out in about 2 months of steady use.

Any success stories out there for rider shoes?

Pat Farmer