Re: RC: Juniors and miles ridden

>There are a few other rules that apply to juniors but these are the
>basic

The rule I have the hardest time remembering is about when you can change
sponsors.  If I recall correctly, if a junior changes sponsors *on the
trail* (not at the vet check) it can only be because the original sponsor
is pulling from competition.  Is that correct?

I've had a sponsor who needed to slow down ask me if his junior could
proceed on with me. He wasn't trying to help the junior *win* he was
seriously worried his horse wasn't going to finish, but wanted to
continue trying, just maybe stay by some grass for awhile.  I told him
I'd take the junior, but I thought if I did he had to pull.  It was a
dilemma.  At first he told me to go on, but then I heard them shouting
for me to wait, and he sent the junior on with me.  That's the sort of
thing the junior really needs to memorize, since they often ask people
who aren't familiar with rules for sponsorship to sponsor them.  Want to
clarify the "switching sponsors" rule?

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.