Re: RC: Re: conditioning effects (hoof)

   Something I noticed in your pictures is the difference in the angle of the
coronary band vs. the angle of the horn tubles of the foot.You mentioned that
in your writings a little but its a very key thing. You mention rasping of
toes which is a good thing but you never mention trimming the heels.Sounds
kinda stupid I know but it will help your horse.He is so far out in front of
himself that his heels are growing but in the wrong direction.I would rasp
the heels back till the tubles were growing in as much of a downward
direction as possible.This may mean re-shoeing the horse in order to get him
to a comfortable angle.( wedging ) While on that subject I would be very
careful about the amount of work I did on the horse while wedged.Wedging him
up and working him hard will increase pressure on the heels crushing them
even more.Once you move his heels back you may find the shoe size may need
increased but maybe not.( from the pic its kinda hard to tell how much toe
can be moved back.) I would roll the toe back into the shoe and dress the
foot down as little as possible since he seems to have poor quality horn.I
hope this little bit of info helps.The great thing about it is if it don't it
just takes on click! LOL and its gone.
RD