Re: RC: [Fwd: RC: Heartrates up to 220]

In a message dated 2/9/00 3:57:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

<< Weight absolutely matters.  >>

This is the one thing I seem to actually have experienced with my Arab,
Rebel.  When I rode him (I weigh about 180) he was awful.  Tripped alot and
would not pass other horses after he was tired.  And to me, his canter was
bouncy and hard on my ole bones.  I was about to sell his sorry butt without
too much regret.

Then my daughter started riding him.  She weighs 65 lbs.  Jennifer completely
turned around this horse.  He started looking better, his metabolics at the
vet checks were awesome, and he stopped tripping.  It was like she wasn't
even there on his back during a ride.  He started looking like Hercules on
steroids, from riding with a light girl on his back.  It truely agrees with
him.  I know he'll be able to do 50's easily, and if Jen stays small, one day
Rebel and Jennifer might actually do a 100.  Course Jen will have to find
another sponsor for the 100 cause the ole man didn't want to do 50's.

cya,
Howard