helmets/tom

jmaynard, NV jolmayna@whitepine.k12.nv.us
If anyone would have told me that I would be riding in "tights", helmet, and own 3 Arabs, 10 months ago, I would have laughed myself silly.  Now here I am.  I love this sport even if I do wear tights and a helmet and ride spooky little Arabs.  I am taking in knowledge and applying it to a lifetime of working with horses and going to be competitive in this sport.  I will not hurt a horse to get there but I will push both my horse and myself to be competitive.

I highly recommend the book by Miriam Neilson, "Strong Women Stay Young".  It is about strength training and all of us can do it no matter how out of shape or old we are. It takes only 30 minutes 3 times a week minimum and about $30 for ankle weights and hand weights.  I watch CMT while I work out and enjoy my workouts. I plan to be strong and fit enough to be competitive and not get in my horses way.

I have never worn a helmet before this last month on a regular basis.  When I ponied race horses I had to wear one and hated it.  Now I have gotten so used to the helmet that I don't even think about it.  My quarter horse friends think I have turned into a major "Wuss" riding scrawny Arabs and using a helmet. . .oh well.

Tom, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.  At least the educational value in them, I am learning and I believe that you use common sense and experience and I will purchase your books as soon as I can afford them.  Mean while I will read RC and learn.  Thanks for your input.

Thanks to all who post to RC.  I enjoy it all and delete what I don't want.