Re: RC: DNA testing update

In a message dated 2/9/00 7:00:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers writes:

<< Which leads you to wonder how breeders can possibly think they are dealing
in :"genetics" at all. >>

By the same science that you quoted about humans in which 40% of athletic
performance is attributed to genetics--it is my understanding that the same
is true for horses.  All the quoted research says is that there is sufficient
genetic overlap among animals that have not "separated" as recently as horse
breeds that you cannot say with certainty that this *IS* a TB and that *IS*
an Arab, and be 100% certain.  If you doubt the validity of dealing with
genetics, I'd refer you straight to the scientists such as the
Bowlings--since you prefer the literature, better go straight to the horse's
mouth, so to speak.

Heidi