Re: Tennessee Walking Horses and Endurance

Hi!

I used to have a walker mare. We used her for a couple of years for distance
riding. She did just fine as long as we didn't expect her to stay in the
front of the pack. She was black and pretty muscular for a walker, so she
tended to hold the heat in quite a bit. We also didn't try to make her stay
in gait all of the time, just if we wanted the rest of our group to pick up
the pace without going really fast. Once she learned to stretch out her pace
(as opposed to trot) she did fine. Not that she tore up the trail or took
home any ribbons, but we had a lot of fun with her in limited distance and
competitive.

If you love your horse, keep it in condition and don't worry about the
people that tell you to get an arab. I'm currently on a Morgan and a
Saddlebred! No I don't win many placings, but we have a ball!! If you ever
ride in Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana ask around, you are welcome to join "Maggie's
Ducks"!

Maggie Fleming
Under a Shooting Star Farm
Bubba-Unmistakably Morgan!
Secret-Like the swan neck?

> My question is this...can anyone out there refer me to a person who has
experience with Tennessee Walking Horses and Endurance?