Darwin's Theory

In a message dated 02/05/2000 8:22:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
woa@stormnet.com writes:

<< The average
 height of even present day desert-bred is more than years back (look at
 some of the old pictures) and certainly we've come a long way from that
 first prehistoric horse. And just as human beings are evolving (well,
 maybe teenagers regress for a while), horses are also evolving no matter
 how hard some breeders may try to stop the winds of change. And who
 would want to, really? It is called EVOLUTION and I believe a man named
 Darwin had something to say about that. >>

I almost let this go by without comment, but then changed my mind....
Evolution is changes over thousands and thousands of yrs cause by "NATURAL"
elements in order to survive in the wild. The changes we have seen in
Arabians have occurred over the past 50 yrs and caused by man so I cannot
believe you call theses changes "evolution." It is not. By the time we see
any natural evolution in horses we will all by long gone. Darwin knew that
these changes take place over many, many generations before you can even see
a hint of any change. Where we are now in evolution, yr 2000, is much like a
drop of water in the ocean....

Maria, Texas
30 life time miles :)
www.geocities.com/goldencmk