gloating, whining

In re riding goals, for MOI  'tis all relative...I'd love to ride well
enough to win a ride.  I'd even gloat some if I did it well...and even start
gloating in advance in case the promise never materialized.  BUT since I
love gloating for what it does to my endorphins, I simply will never get a
dose of it unless I count the times I win over my most common competitor: my
own riderly ineptitude, lack of discipline,  inability to plan, on and on.
That way I get the multitude of benefits from riding (scenery, horse
buddies, fun with my horse, and a huge education) PLUS a little competitive
thrill.  I've noticed, however, that whining affects my mood/endorphins
about the way sitting on an icy outdoor facility does.  A play called
"Morning's at Seven" has a fine line by the chief whiner in residence:  "IF
ONLY I had been a dentist..."  Buwahahahaha.  Notice no  digits pointing,
but if the Foo s****, wear it.

Sally in Floyd