Re: people conditioning

First of all, Renee...you posted some pretty funny stuff earlier (about
liking your head and wearing a helmet and how it works ok most of the time)
and I deleted it before I got to say that I think you have been hanging out
with the wrong crowd on RC!  Too much funny stuff is rubbing off on
you...not sure if it's Howard or Angie or what but you are just learning
way too fast!  That helmet isn't going to be any help if your head
explodes!
What do "I" do to get in shape?  I have plenty of shape....all over in
fact.  Enough to make me a heavyweight.  But it's all muscle, ya know!  We
moved our bedroom upstairs....so I'm conditioning my calves daily now. (The
first few days reminded me that I have not been riding enough!) No bathroom
up there so.....  Ummm...I try to walk down to my sister's house every so
often.  I try to go on a cleaning binge once a week (vacuuming and sweeping
and mopping... you would be surprised how much conditioning THAT is).
Other than that, I have to admit I don't do anything more special than try
to lose a little more weight every year.  Ideally, I would like to be
walking 5 miles every day...doesn't happen for various reasons and I take
full responsibility for that.  My daughter, Jenny who is 14, is getting
pretty serious about her endurance career with her horse this year and if
she keeps nagging, that 5 miles a day may happen someday!  Fortunately for
her, she has GYM right now!  :) Or maybe that's fortunate for ME!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657